The Asian Century is here.
Our cities are booming, populations are growing, and rapid economic development is transforming the region. It’s the dawn of a new era, and a chance to get sustainable development right.
As our cities fill up with people in search of brighter futures and better livelihoods, we need solutions that help deliver that. Cities which are green, clean, resilient and cool—for all to live, work and play. In short, cities that are liveable.
Enter The Liveability Challenge.
From this April, we’re calling on all thinkers, dreamers, innovators and problem solvers from all over the world to submit their ideas. We want you to help us unearth sustainable solutions for more liveable cities.
We’re on the hunt for innovative solutions in waste management and sustainable cooling that are already at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6 and above which are applicable to Singapore and other Asian cities in the region.
Finalists of The Liveability Challenge will receive support to hone their pitches, and the most convincing and compelling projects could secure up to S$1 million in funding to speed up the journey to commercialisation.
You’ll pitch before a panel of judges and an audience including some of Singapore’s big-name venture capitalists and investors in July at the World Cities Summit 2018.
Can we turn Asia’s urban sweatboxes into liveable cities?
The Liveability Challenge is accepting project submissions that are at TRL6 and above. While team members can be from any organisation and anywhere in the world, solutions must be applicable to Singapore and cities in the tropics.
Projects must fall under either one of two tracks, and must address at least one of the two areas listed below.
- • Circular economy solutions
- • Plastic waste management
- • Indoor cooling
- • Outdoor cooling
How to submit an entry
1. Register your interest here
2. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email asking you to submit details of your project
3. Complete your submission before 25 May 2018, Singapore time
4. You will be informed by end of June if you have been accepted as a finalist for The Liveability Challenge
5. Make sure you are available on 10 July to pitch your idea at the finale event held at the World Cities Summit 2018